Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trivia Night in India


When I was in Pune last month my friend invited me out for a trivia night. I figured I knew what to expect, I’ve been to plenty back in the US, notably at the Harp and Fiddle or with a tower of beer and those little buzzers they give you at Grotto’s Pizza in Dewey Beach. This trivia night is totally different than anything I’ve seen though. It lasts about 3 hours but only about 20 questions are asked. This is because in between each question, two songs are played and the bar turns into a full-on dance party! I’ve never seen anything like it- the second song ends, everyone scrambles back to their seats, you catch your breath, get serious, answer a quick trivia question and then get back up and shake your booty some more. Also, the quizmaster, a guy named Mark Rego (see pic), who has frosted hair and wears eyeliner, is absolutely hilarious, making fun of all the different teams and doing a good job keeping it fun. They give awards for the 1st place team and also two awards to the ‘happy tables’, basically the tables who are loudest and make the biggest asses out of themselves, this just added to the fun and absurdity of it all. The name of the event? Booze and Brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment