Monday, October 12, 2009

Dil Se Soundtrack/ Neemrana Fort

I got turned on to this soundtrack a couple months ago, at 530 AM, on my way to the Chennai Central Train Station. Our cab was late for the butt-early train we were taking and I was in a serious rush. The music that accompanied the insane driving our cabbie was doing seemed to fit- just as hectic and crazy as the driving. By the way, that accordion type thing you hear in the song is called the harmonium and it’s a traditional Indian instrument.



The movie became relevant again recently when I got to spend the night in a location they shot some of the movie in. It’s called the Neemrana Fort in the state of Rajashtan and it’s an old fort from the 1400’s that’s been renovated and turned into a hotel- it was the coolest place I’ve spent the night since I’ve been in India.





Also, the rest of the soundtrack is great- it has to be my favorite. The producer is a guy named A R Rahman, he is probably the most famous musician in all of India. He produced about all of the most famous soundtracks in India in the last 10 years and I really dig his style- a mix of traditional Indian music and new beats and influences (he also did the Delhi 6 soundtrack that I blogged about a couple months ago). Plus, he’s from Tamil Nadu, which I have a special affinity toward so that just sweetens the deal! Here are two more of my faves from Dil Se.



No comments:

Post a Comment