Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Early Birthday

So none of the guys I’m working with will be around for my birthday. This weekend is Diwali, a yearly festival and everyone is going home to be with their families. They totally surprised me and pretended we were going out tonight to celebrate Diwali together but after dinner a cake was brought out.

It says ‘Happy Birthday Greg’ in Tamil.

I was totally surprised. What came next was even more surprising- we were at one of the fanciest restaurants in all of Coimbatore and they took the cake and shoved it in my face! It’s the tradition over here for birthdays (or at least they tell me it is). It was a lot of fun actually and a cool way to celebrate. I didn’t mind getting icing all over the place. None of my guys wanted a hug from me afterwards though, I don’t know why. Anyways, it was fun and hilarious and so my birthday celebrations are already going well before it’s even my b-day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment