Thursday, June 18, 2009

8055 (BOSS) License Plates




So, here in India you can’t have vanity plates like we do in the States what with all the cutesey seven or eight letter things that people think are clever. Some of my faves from back home include:

The sexy ones- HEYBEYB
The 'I drive like a jerk' ones- UINZWAY, EATMYDST
The big ego and small other parts ones- THA MAN, 2RICH4U
The sassy ones- XMYGRITZ
And my personal fave- LCNSPL8
You guys seen any good ones lately?

In India you can for an extra charge choose the numbers on your plate. In addition, plates aren’t issued by the government, just the number, so then you go to a private place and have them make up your plate. Because of this, I’ve seen a lot of folks on the road sporting the 8055, and putting it a font to make it look like BOSS. My favorite is the digital readout one, but my pic didn't come out so I stole that from the internet- propers to the boss took it originally. I gotta say it’s a pretty good and clever way to beat the system. I might even be tempted to call it boss. Why doesn't anyone call things boss anymore? Did they ever? People that call things boss are totally boss in my opinion. Boss Stadter out.

4 comments: